The Applications Administrator II reports directly to the Director of Transit Technology Systems working within the Transit Systems team and focuses primarily on the support and assistance in leading operations of large technology systems, made up of hardware, software, and equipment. This position is responsible for the installation, support, and monitoring of large technology systems for Capital Metro. Assists in leading and provides technical support to analyze, design, test, document, implement and manage systems. Ensures reliability, stability, state-of-good-repair preventive maintenance and maximum up-time of large technology systems.
• Be customer-service focused. Build positive and constructive relationships with business areas, customers, understand their needs, problems and provide timely communication and service.
• Assist in leading and the support of account management, upgrades, software patches, system configuration and administration, troubleshooting, testing, and daily monitoring.
• Participate in on-call rotation for after-hours IT support.
• Partner with business to undertake full IT ownership of the systems and projects assigned and become proficient in the technical and functional aspects of the system.
• Provide technical support and leadership assistance on projects. Successfully support and assist in leading tasks or projects as assigned. Provide leadership assistance and support in working with technology vendors and implementation partners to implement technical solutions.
• Provide periodic reports to management.
• Develop and ensure updates to technical and/or user documentation. Train users on systems and processes. Support and provide leadership assistant in efforts to encourage system use and adoption with the business areas. Act as an advocate and advisor for the application of technology solutions to the agency.
• Provide support and assist in leadership in proactively setting up and managing systems in excellent working condition through implementation and monitoring of alerts, regular maintenance activities, performance tuning, software updates and patches. Provide support and assist in leadership in working with internal IT teams and technology vendors to ensure all systems are available and secure on a 24 by 7 basis.
• Support and assist in leading efforts in system security by ensuring compliance to security standards and policies, monitoring access privileges, conducting risk assessments, investigation of suspicious activities, and remediation of identified security threats or risks.
• Document test cases and perform comprehensive testing during implementation and upgrades.
• Support and assist in leading the planning and undertaking of periodic risk analysis of systems and mitigate risks wherever possible. Support and assist in leading the planning and testing of disaster recovery. Support and assist in leading implementing, monitoring and verifying backups. Lead resolving issues.
• Follow change management and change control processes to plan and deploy system changes.
Perform change-impact analysis. Communicate changes to business areas and IT.
• Research, develop and implement IT standards and best practice policies and procedures.
• Be responsible in maintaining a safe working environment at all times.
• Support Capital Metro’s safety culture by following safety and security policies, considering safety in every action and reporting safety and security concerns.
• Perform other duties as required and/or ass
Reach Out to a Recruiter