CNA - PM/Night - Norwood Health Center, Marshfield, WI
Contract Length: 13 weeks
• Start Date:9/28
• Guaranteed Hours Per Week: 40
• Primary Location: Norwood Health Center - LTC
• Shift Requirements: 8 hour shifts. PM and Nights. Will be heavy on PM shift
• Weekend/Holiday: Every other weekend and Holiday rotation
• Float Requirements (campuses and/or units): May float to inpatient psych unit - very rare unless candidate has mental health experience
• On Call/Call Back Requirements: None
• Required Licenses and Certifications : WI CNA License and any BLS.
• Minimum Experience (yrs in specialty): 1-2+ years CNA experience. LTC experience highly preferred. Mental Health experience helpful, but not required.
• Charting Experience: Matrix Care - not required. Previous electronic charting, helpful.
• Unit Information (Bed size, Case types, Patient ratios, etc.) : SNF is on 2nd floor. It consists of two units. The locked unit has 16 beds and unlocked unit has 12 beds. Avg census is about 22-23 patients (not full census). At least one CNA on at all times. Nursing managers and DON are always available via phone at night.
• Unit Overview: Long-term care unit. Patients with chronic mental illness. Some are there on long term stays, others are there for a short period in effort to return to the community. No dementia patients. Majority of population is fully ambulatory - no hoyer lifts.
• Scrub Colors required: Any professional scrubs (NO advertisements listed on them). Dress Code: Hair must be pulled back and of natural tones (no extremely bright or vibrant colors), no hanging jewelry - stud earrings, facial piercing must be small posts (no rings or hoops), no tongue piercings.
*** If the candidate has mental health experience, we can also consider them to work primarily on the inpatient psych unit instead of LTC. The Inpatient pysch unit or "Admissions Unit" is a acute care, specialty, psychiatric hospital that provides 24-hr structured inpatient treatment. They offer voluntary and involuntary mental health assessment, diagnosis, acute treatment and stabilization for adults age 18 or older. Also provide limited acute detoxification services. ***