The Resource(s) will provide application maintenance and enhancements services. Responsibilities will include requirements gathering, development, testing and technical support / maintenance of internal and external websites and various in house desktop applications used by the Department of Energy, Alberta Environment and Parks and Indigenous Relations. The application environment consists of various Microsoft technology such as, ASP.net, C#.NET and MS SQL Server
Deliver applications programming and analysis tasks as part of a system development process as well as provide application support, maintenance and enhancements. An Application Developer applies a broad knowledge of various technical areas to foresee and rectify certain problem areas within technology or with a mix of technologies, but the focus is to ensure a certain business/functional use case is solved with the help of technology.
• Liaises with business units and program areas to ensure solutions meet current and strategic ministry needs and requirements.
• Write performing quality code to fulfill design, and pass code review with minimal number of defects.
• Apply configuration on development environments when required.
• Participate in implementing full product into production, and supports providing application versions and details for implementation plan.
• Highlight the technical impacts of the functional design on existing applications based on a detailed analysis.
• Deliver technical design and database structure for medium to high application complexity.
• Maintain technical documentation.
• Identify critical features of system, and focus testing effort on them. Ensure that the unit test covers the right proportion of the application.
• Setup data for testing.
• Grasp Able to quickly understand application functionalities and process.
• Handle and fix production defects efficiently.
• Provide tracking and reporting of time and status on all work as required.
• Contribute to the creation of the Application Lifecycle Planning
• Identify and coordinate release schedules
• Identify service requests and priorities with customer
• Ensure planned releases remain on schedule and on track