The Service Alberta Government Services IMT Sector requires an Information Technology (IT) professional resource to provide Technical Analyst services for the project to Modernize GoA Service Delivery – Service Alberta.
Initiatives to Modernize GoA Service Delivery include multiple Department of Service Alberta applications including the MOVES (Motor Vehicles) application. MOVES is a critical Government of Alberta (GoA) information technology system used to manage all driver motor vehicle licenses, registrations, and enforcement for Albertans, including functionality for operator licensing, identification card issuance, vehicle registration, driver convictions and suspensions, fines collection, audit and reporting, inventory control, and financial management.
The Senior Technical Analyst supports business needs by ensuring that project delivery is in alignment with business / technical requirements. Leading workshops and User Acceptance Testing during the development of business applications. Ensuring that the business value is delivered at the completion of the project.
The resource will support various IMT initiatives identified through intakes from the Business Relationship Management team and prioritized through IMT Governance mechanisms.
Responsible for taking business requirements and translating them into technical requirements and solutions.
• Create project documents and associated planning documents.
• Create stakeholder analyses.
• Lead consultations and facilitate stakeholder meetings.
• Create business requirements, functional specifications and technical requirements.
• Create new business and technical processes and complete business process reviews/re-engineering for existing processes.
• Facilitate business process improvement sessions.
• Assist in the development of new IT services.
• Schedule, organize and lead project status meetings and other meetings as required.
• Provide support by bridging communication between vendors, client ministries, and corporate technical and business teams.
• Escalate unresolved issues/risks, options and recommendations.
• Responsible for business architecture design, software system specifications design, and database modelling.
• Participate iterative development using model-based processes .
• Perform project management, business and technical analysis and systems design in delivering complex software solutions spanning n-tier development environments.
• Produce project artifices with XML; UML and/or other web-services technologies.
• Prepare, update and manage documents defining the business requirements, software requirements, functional design, and project plans and schedules reflecting achievable deliverables for the applications.
• Prepare regular project status reports indicating project deliverables, possible risk and issues, time-lines and anticipated effort.
• Ensure appropriate project communication occurs to all parties involved during all phases of the project.
• Identify required user training.
• Additional responsibilities as required by the Project Manager for a Business Analyst or Lead Technical Analyst role