• Under the supervision of the Cancer Center Clinic Operations Manager, the Front Desk Coordinator is responsible for a variety of clerical and receptionist duties in support of daily patient services within clinical areas: greets patients, check in and check out procedures.
• Multi-specialty clinic appointment scheduling, insurance and authorization verification, updating patient demographics, audit billing documents, disposition appointments, co-pay collection, managing/monitoring petty cash drawer, and working closely with Cancer Center physicians, nurses, staff and other UCSD departments.
• Previous scheduling & customer service experience in healthcare.
• Cash handling/posting experience.
• Knowledge of third party payors and insurance authorizations.
• Answering phone calls and switchboard experience.
• Appointment scheduling systems & Microsoft applications, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
• High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• EPIC/Cadence EMR experience.
• Medical terminology.
• Bilingual preferred, but not required.