This role will support the New York Power Authority's (NYPA) benefits and compensations units with its daily administrative duties and functions for the office. The successful candidate will perform a wide range of administrative and general duties in a highly responsible and fast moving environment. Moreover, he/she must be self-motivated and well-organized with a positive attitude towards challenges and the ability to set and meet deadlines.
Functions and Responsibilities:
• Assist in the administration of the business unit office; ensure timelines, communications and documentation is coordinated and complete.
• Prepares a variety of memos, forms, letters, documents and reports.
• Manage heavy calendar schedules including scheduling meetings and conference rooms
• Organize and maintain correspondence and records, follow up on pending correspondence matters with limited direction.
• Receive office visitors and screen telephone calls.
• Make arrangements for meetings and conferences (including purchase of food, supplies or hand-outs).
• Maintain calendar and ensure that complete information is available for all matters, confirm appointments in advance.
• Establish and maintain a variety of files and records and follow up to ensure that required actions are completed
• Assist with projects, research and perform other duties as assigned
• Handle and manage certain confidential materials
• Answer and direct phone calls.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access) required.
• Knowledge of SAP preferred. Knowledge of business English, spelling, grammar and punctuation, office practices and procedures.
• Office skills such as data entry, filing, phone etiquette and composition of business letters.
• Ability to undertake a variety of assignments and organize time effectively while setting priorities.
• Ability to perform with speed and accuracy.
• Ability to establish and maintain databases of information and prepare reports.
• Ability to provide effective oral and written communication in dealings with the public and governmental officials at all levels.
• Thorough knowledge of, or ability to learn, policies and procedures of the organization, and ability to interpret them clearly and accurately.
• Friendly, cooperative manner and good team spirit.
• Familiarity with office equipment, including phone system, copier/scanners, printers.
• Ability to recognize and protect confidential information
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
• Strong awareness of deadlines, time management skills, and ability to follow up on assigned tasks
• Strong written and oral communication skill
Education and Certifications:
A bachelor's degree strongly preferred or two year degree or secretarial certificate/related work experience.
Minimum eight years secretarial experience in progressively demanding environment
Strong Microsoft Office programs such as (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access) required
Familiarity with SAP financial software preferred.
Monday through Friday
8-hour day consisting of 7.5-hour paid workday plus a required 0.5-hour unpaid lunch.
Paid for time worked only; there are no paid holidays, vacation or sick days
Overtime is not permitted unless authorized in advanced.
Contingent Worker is required to badge in and out of the Main Lobby turnstiles for all daily entrances and exits.
Contingent Worker must follow site-specific security protocol.